Some of Ned’s Most Recent Events
- Book Reading/Signing, Longfellow Books in Portland, Maine – April 5, 2018
- Book Reading/Signing, Barnes & Noble Booksellers Carrollwood, Tampa, Florida – March, 2, 2018
- Book Reading/Signing, Big Blue Marble Bookstore, Philadelphia, January 10, 2018
- Book Reading/Signing, Camden Public Library, Camden, Maine. November 30, 2017
- Retiree Luncheon Presentation at C…C..of P.. October 24, 2017
- Book Launch: The Mermaid Inn, Philadelphia, October 22, 2017
From Portland Press-Herald, March 25, 2018
Ned Bachus will read from his memoir at 7 p.m. April 5 at Longfellow Books, 1 Monument Square, Portland. He’ll be joined by Helen Pelletier, director of Public Affairs with the Maine Community College System, to talk about the advantages of a community college experience.
Ned Bachus explores these journeys and others in his well-written, engaging and deeply personal book “Open Admissions: What Teaching at Community College Taught Me About Learning.” Bachus reflects on his nearly 40-year teaching career, most of which was at Community College of Philadelphia, and considers the challenges his students faced in just getting to the point where they could enroll in college, let alone graduate.